OpenAI’s Whisper Audio to text transcription right into your web browser!
Visit the Github Repo for more information
- Record and transcribe audio right from your browser.
- Upload any media file (video, audio) in any format and transcribe it.
- Download .srt subtitle file generated from audio.
- Lightweight and beautiful UI.
- Self-hosted. No 3rd parties.
- Docker compose for easy self-hosting
- Select input audio language
- Privacy respecting:
- All happens locally. No third parties involved.
- Audio files are deleted immediately after processing.
- Backend written in Go
- Frontend written with Svelte and Tailwind CSS.
- Uses C++ whisper version from whisper.cpp.
- You don’t need a GPU, uses CPU.
- No need for complex installations.
version: "3.9" services: backend: image: schklom/web-whisper-backend:base environment: - CUT_MEDIA_SECONDS=0 #- WHISPER_MODEL-small # I imagine this env is not used when using hosted images container_name: web-whisper-backend networks: - default whisper: image: schklom/web-whisper-frontend:latest environment: - DOMAIN_NAME=whisper.apps.domain.com - ALLOW_FILE_UPLOADS=true container_name: web-whisper # uncomment the ports below if not using reverse proxy # # ports: # - "3000:80" networks: - npm # reverse proxy network goes here, either edit to match your reverse proxy network or simply remove it if not using reverse proxy - default networks: default: npm: external: true